Views
Helpful
Replies

Requisitions that are never approved

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Requisitions that are never approved

I'm wondering what other companies are doing (if anything) about requisitions that never get approved.  Is there any bad side effect or strange metrics that are produced if there is an ever growing pool of requests that are basically in limbo?  We're on 2006.0.6. 

When we first implemented RC, professional services recommended putting an escalation in that would notify us (administrators) when an approval task was way overdue so that we could cancel the request.  Well now that we're actually using the system we've discovered that it isn't even possible to cancel the request during the approval moment (only the requestor can).  We could "reject" the approval, although that isn't really what we want to do and may cause more confusion with the customer.

So I'm hoping someone out there with a more mature install has some wisdom for me.  I'm hoping that its fine to just ignore the requests that are never approved, but I don't want to find out later on that it was a mistake :)

23 Replies 23

An enhacement request has been submitted to allow the option to auto reject a request after X number of days. 

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Wesley,

Were you able to figure out your XML/ServiceLink issue?  Thanks!

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,  in fact there was something missing in the XML file. Please change only  the part in bold. See below a correct sample:

<rapimessage>

<request>

<cancelreq>

<cancelrequisition id='RequisitionNumber'  user='#Person.loginID.RequestorsLogin' index='1'  adtype='id int index int'>

<cancelreason>'CancelReason'</cancelreason&g

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent!  Thanks Wesley.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

for some reason I keep getting a 500 error trying the above, am I missing anything else?

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Wesley, I am having a difficult time with the soap envelope, could you pls share yours?

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

The  only thing that i missed on the XML sample above was a '#' next to  requestor's login.

<cancelrequisition id='RequisitionNumber'  user='#Person.loginID.RequestorsLogin#' index='1'  adtype='id int index int'>

Please try using the fully  qualified name of the server http://Servername.companyname.com:Port/BusinessEngine/services/RAPI

Also, this was tes

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

this also works if you are an admin or part of the workflow

URL/myservices/reqstatus.do?requisitionId=11016&formAction=cancelRequisition&

System and history shows:

Emir E.. on 10/23/2009 11:33 AM Emir E.. cancelled the requisition 11016.

Prereq: valid cookie

wwesley
Level 1
Level 1

Emir,

Sorry for replying only now. At first, I was having trouble with the SOAP enveloppe myself, so i used the libraries found in any programming language. Unfortunately i cannot share codes due to company policies. But, you(or a programmer) may have an idea of what i am referring to and twick the code a little:

http://www.bigresource.com/VB-manually-create-a-S