Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Resending Tasks to ServiceLink

Can delivery plan tasks set to run in ServiceLink be set to run again?

We discovered that a ServiceLink Agent was stopped.  Tasks did not make it the external system and are marked as "ongoing".  Now that the agent has been restarted, is it possible to kick off those tasks again in ServiceLink?

We are using 2008.3 SP5.

Thank you,

Brian

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

You can't force the task to start again.  I am unclear as to what the precise nature of your problem is. Typically, if an external system is down and a ServiceLink task starts, the task will be marked as "Failed", not "Ongoing".  If a task is "Failed", you can go to ServiceLink and resend the original message.  However, once a task is marked as "Ongoing", ServiceLink assumes that the task (at least the outbound message part) was completed successfully, and there is no capability to resend a message.  However, if an agent is stopped, any task that uses that agent should show a "Message on Hold!" message until the agent is re-started. Then the original message should be sent normally. 

If your case doesn't fit either of the above scenarios, it sounds like a defect that should be reported to NCC. I am not aware of any workaround, short of cutting and pasting the external message (was one produced?) from the ServiceLink Message Details, and attempting to deliver it manually to the external system. The feasibility of this will obviously depend on the volume of tasks affected and the nature of the adapter/external system.

Leslie,

Thank you for responding.  After looking closer at the issue, I see that ServiceLInk may not be working properly.  The Home tab with messages is blank, while the External Tasks tab has a list of tasks that were sent to ServiceLink.  I think we will have to get in touch with your experts.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I had a Q about External Tasks before and casting my mind back, the explanation was that the External Tasks tab views the tasks that are 'assigned' to ServiceLink from the RequestCenter application-side (kinda like reviewing the TxActivity or ServiceManager table)  including those that may not be processed.  The Home tab will allow you see any transactions that are being processed (providing they made it to the ServiceLink application!).

Cheers,

Ant

Views
Helpful
Replies