Views
Helpful
Replies

Rookie Reporting question(s)

Mike Shriver
Level 1
Level 1

Rookie Reporting question(s)

It appears that not all of the data is being reported on.   For example, running Services by Service Team report, selecting %, only Site Administration is available, whereas there are scores of Service Teams configured.   Another example is when running the Request Activity Details report.    I'm seeing some rather older request activities whereas there are numerous requests that have been entered recently.

These are but a few examples.  I'm seeing similar issues with Analytics showing some data, but not all.   

I will take any help you can give me.   Thanks!

Mike

8 Replies 8

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

posted twice - duplicate

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

check the last time all scheduled ETL jobs were run

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that you are using standard reports.  The specific script  that you want to make sure is scheduled is \\<newscale>\cognos\bin\update_datamart_std.cmd.

You  can also verify it by running the script on the command line once and  check the reports again.

Rao Ghanta
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem for me. When i ran scripts manually (std ,cube update) all the data show up in Data mart. Even though ETL jobs ran successfully data is not updating into data mart. Auto schedule is not workikng. Please Advice.

mike, just curious...what version are  you on...

Mike Shriver
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you, all. It was the update_datamart_std.cmd script that needed to run, for some reason hadn't run after the initial setup. Many thanks!

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

How can ETLs be successfull if Auto Schedule is not working?

Please check with the Win System Admin as to see why your scheduled tasks are failing. Did you redeploy the app and overwrote the ETL on the RequestCenter side?

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

Also the terminology of ETL is a little confusing here. 

Depending on whether you are using only standard reporting or if you also use Advanced Reporting, you have a different set of scripts that you need to schedule.  

When it comes to the issue of scheduling, you would want to make sure the script that is scheduled is the same that you ran manually and it did run successfully in the scheduler, as Emir pointed out. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: