Views
Helpful
Replies

Search Results in RequestCenter

Adam Hilgendorf
Level 1
Level 1

Search Results in RequestCenter

Is there a way to 'weight' your results for searching in the Service Catalog?  We have services that might have 'laptop' in the description but we don't want them to show when a user searches for 'laptop'.  With Google or Amazon or any of those, you get only those relevant items displayed first using weightings.

Anybody figured this out?

3 Replies 3

We've fought this too - as we have a number of non-orderable information services that we want to display at the bottom!  We're not too keen on prefixing everything with white space (old habits die hard I think!) so we found an ASCII character that would move the Information services to the bottom - it is:

Φ

However! It does not migrate in CatalogDeployer, so if you intend to migrate them frequently it's not a practical process.  It would be great if you could categorise them even simply!

Tim Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

We've had the same experience.  The search results are displayed in alphabetical order instead of showing items that the best matches for the search first. I'm not sure if there is a way to make the search engine do that but it would help to have some search intetlligence.

David Lucey
Level 1
Level 1

We've added leading spaces to the items we want to show up first in the list. Other than encouraging users to click the "Title and Keywords Only" box I think that's the only effect you can have on search results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: