cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selections with possibility to enter quantity

Christine Khor
Level 1
Level 1

We have services that contain various selections, which we also want to allow the user to enter the quantity to be ordered. For example, we have 4 different dock stations to choose from depending on the laptops models. We want to be able to allow the user to select more than 1model, as well as enter the quantity. We would usually use checkbox to allow more than 1 selections, but it doesn't allow quantity. Has anyone tried this or has any suggestions as to how we can achieve this? Thanks.

Our newScale project manager suggests using fields for the different models, where label of field = the name of the product is & the value = quantity. Even though it works, it doesn't look presentable - see screendump below. Some of the labels are too long.

3 Replies 3

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see a couple of options.  The first one would be the easiest...  Put the full product name in the Help Text, so it shows on the right side of the form.  I would also consider making each of those textboxes into a dropdown (select) box.

Another option is to use javascript to set the width of those left fields.  It wouldn't be super easy, but it's definitely possible.

Kaz Karl
Level 1
Level 1

Could they simply create a checkbox list for the model, and a separate  set of text entry fields for the quantity, and then make a third, hidden field matching each pair, where the two values are merged, using that as the actual order field? The form could be formatted so the pairings are next to each other...

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

I dig where Kaz is heading; we have a field for the model of monitor someone orders when requesting a PC, and how many they want as a separate field.

Thanks!

Ant