Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Service Design and Management

How to define and manage the same end user service for users based around the world in different locations...

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions / solutions for the following scenario:

I have a single service of "Desktop - Order New", this will be a standard desktop provided to the end users but how can this service be managed in the respect to the user's different geographic location (China, Dubai, etc). My issue is how to manage the different SLA's, different pricing etc as the supporting contracts for these different geographic locations are from different service providers.

Is the best solution to create separate services for these kind of services or is there a smarter way of doing this.

Any suggestions please let me know.

Craig

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Hi Craig,

From the standpoint of managing delivery acrossmultiple locations, you can use dynamic task assignment. You can create geographically-based queues, each with their own calendar, and then assign the delivery tasks to those queues using an expression. For example:

QUEUE=#Service.Data.RC_Queue.Location# Desktop Services

The Namespace Guide has more details on this. As long as you resolve the expression before the delivery moment begins, the due dates for the tasks wll be computed based on the calendars of the dynamically assigned queue.

As for pricing, your options are version-dependent. in newScale9 there is a new Dynamic Pricing feature which allows you to use a Set Price action in a conditional rule that will set the transactional price of a service based on data in the service form. For versions prior to newScale9, you might want to consider using the Pricing Moment (Pricing Type =Pricing Required). This would create a task before any Approvals which would allow IT to manually set the price for a particular service request.

Do either of these approaches help?

thanks, that's perfect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content