cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Migrate - How do i migrate deleted javascript wrappers?

Service Migrate - How do i migrate deleted javascript wrappers?

Usecase:  A service had major redesign, and several fields in a dictionary were no longer needed. There was some javascript attached to several of these fields. I unattached the javascript on the form. I also went into script manager (in Dev) and deleted the wrapper javascript functions that were no longer needed. How do i propogate these changes to QA and Prod? Can you use service migrate or do you have to change home site permissions in the other environments, manually delete them, and then change home site permissions back?

I really don't want to leave them there..

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Replies 2

Leslie,

Do you have any ideas?

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Which version do you have?

Anything saved in the RC DB will be migrated.

If you migrate a service form Dev to QA it will bring all the required scripts with it, and it will break all pre-existing relationships.

That means: The scripts will remain in the DB, but they will not be attached to your service.

I do not recommend to unlock the site lock/unlock due to the fact that there will be something missed and your service in Dev != Prod. In addition you don't have a red

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: