Views
Helpful
Replies

Service that takes you to another link outside of the service catalog

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Service that takes you to another link outside of the service catalog

Hi -  We have services that are "Not orderable" because our request center does not fulfill the request, but the link we provide takes them to a service outside of our service catalog, so there's no "Order" link to select.

I noticed that in another newScale service catalog, they use the "Order" button in the same way - when the customer selects "Order", a message pops up that says the current service catalog will not process or track this order because you are leaving the request center.  It actually takes them to the place where they can fulfill this order.

I'd like to be able to make this service orderable and have the message display that we will not process or track this request as you are going to another site (or something similar).

Any ideas will be appreciated!

6 Replies 6

Hi Wendy,

I think this was most likely done with javascript, you could create a js to execute when the form is loaded.

I think the below should work

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////JavaScript/////////////////////////////////////

Alert_NewPage(){

alert("Your message to the user");

window.location.href="http://www.google.co.za";

}

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////JavaScript/////////////////////////////////////

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

yes, a redirect on the onload moment as recommended by Craig is probably your best solution.

You can get really creative with this ....

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info.  We found a work-around for this.  In the service description, we named the link "Order" and right-aligned it, so it looks like the Order button and when the customer selects it, it takes them to page that allows them to order via another service.  Take a look at the attached file.  The last service I have not changed yet and this is how the first 2 looked until I changed it!!

I will try using the Java to see how that works as well!

Christine Khor
Level 1
Level 1

Will using the javascript be able to log or register the order?

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The order won't be saved if you use Javascript to redirect the user, since they are not actually completing the order.

Christine Khor
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea how we can log such 'order'? We have some software services which are self-service - i.e. the user download the software themselves. Any idea how to build such services so that we also can track the transactions?

Thanks.