Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP trap correlate activity fails to collect traps

Test 1: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6 and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6. I send two traps matching this OID. This works, meaning, correlate activity is able to collect all traps matching this OID.

Test 2: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6 and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to [Process.Triggers.ERROR TRAP.Trap OID]. This fails. I send two traps matching this OID. In the completed process instance, I don’t see any traps collected by correlate activity even though the process got triggered.

Test 3: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to * and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to [Process.Triggers.ERROR TRAP.Trap OID]. I send two traps matching 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6. This fails. In the completed process instance, I don’t see any traps collected by correlate activity even though the process got triggered.

I remember reading somewhere that * doesn’t work in TEO 2.3 but what I am using is TE 2.2.0.1409.

Question – why test 2 and test 3 are failing? Will appreciate your responses. thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

SNMP trap correlate activity fails to collect traps

Svetlana is reviewing this (from your IA Design Center post). Stand by for more info from her.

--Shaun Roberts shaurobe@cisco.com CIAC Adoption Pilot Engineering Lead
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content