Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP trap correlate activity fails to collect traps

Test 1: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6 and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6. I send two traps matching this OID. This works, meaning, correlate activity is able to collect all traps matching this OID.

Test 2: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6 and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to [Process.Triggers.ERROR TRAP.Trap OID]. This fails. I send two traps matching this OID. In the completed process instance, I don’t see any traps collected by correlate activity even though the process got triggered.

Test 3: In process trigger, I tried setting SNMP trap criteria to * and in correlate SNMP trap activity, I set event criteria to [Process.Triggers.ERROR TRAP.Trap OID]. I send two traps matching 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.6. This fails. In the completed process instance, I don’t see any traps collected by correlate activity even though the process got triggered.

I remember reading somewhere that * doesn’t work in TEO 2.3 but what I am using is TE 2.2.0.1409.

Question – why test 2 and test 3 are failing? Will appreciate your responses. thanks.

1 Reply 1

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Svetlana is reviewing this (from your IA Design Center post). Stand by for more info from her.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: