Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Task Quantity in Custom Reports Data Package

Task Quantity in Custom Reports Data Package

Using the Custom Reports Data Package how can you report on task quantity?  Neither the ServiceTaskFact nor the RequisitionTaskFact tables have quantity as a query item. 

3 Replies 3

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

You should be able to use "Summarize" to count the SERVICETASKID field in the ServiceTaskFact.

Similarly, the REQUISITIONTASKID field can be counted. 

Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for your question. The good news here is that this is a common use case and can be addressed using standard Cognos functionality. Here are some general instructions for you and others who might be reading this post with a similar need. These instructions are for Cognos Query Studio.

1. Build your report and drag a column/fact that is unique to the record onto the work area – I used TaskID.
  2. Highlight the TaskID column.
  3. From the left side menu, click Edit Data

I would like to report "summarized" totals only.  I do not want to show each SERVICETASKID or REQUISITIONTASKID in the report just to summarize it.  Exp. I want a report that shows only the total count of all tasks complete in a month for each service. I do not want to see each SERVICETASKID only the totals. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: