Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Tips - Notes to the Requestor/Initiator

We have tried to create script that would allow us to use tool tips to give instruction or other information to the user when filling in a form.  However, the tool tip for the dictionary caption continues to be displayed dispite our efforts.

Is there anyone doing this successfully and if so, would they share how they have accomplished it?

Thank you in advance!

Everyone's tags (1)
12 REPLIES

If I understand hat your question, the attached file might help.  This script is used to change the dictionary field prompt and tool tips depending upon the customer selection of another dictionary field (RequestType) on the form.  The script is attached in the RequestType onClick method. 

I

Thanks for the script.  We too use functions like this to dynamically change the prompt of the fields on the form.

However, what we're looking for is the hover type of tool tip.  For instance, when hovering over the order form in MySerivces, the tool tip presented is the caption of the dictionary that you're hovering over.

We would like to be able to edit/change that tool tip when hovering over specific elements on the form.  An example of this would be if we are asking for a p

Do a google search on "Javascript tooltips".  Several entries come up which offer code to do tooltips, most available under GPL.  You could use the provided functions as the onFocus and onBlur events for the fields for which you want to use the tooltips.

Ok... I found one that works.  There is a script available @ www.dynamicdrive.com that will show tool tips at the form level.

Here's a link directly to the article that I used: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/showhint.htm

I created a library that will load with the form for the tool tip functions.

Added the CSS to the service.

Updated a prompt to include

Hi Leslie,

I have code that works in a standard HTML page, however the existing tool tip for the dictionary caption overrides what we're trying to display.  Does anyone know if there is a way to "turn off" the standard tool tip and allow for a custom one?

Does anyone have instructions (beginner) on how to make this work?

I have been writing basic javascripts, but I have not figured out how to use the "CSS" and "STYLE" options on service forms.

Thank you
Daniel

I figured out where to put the script and it appears to work but I am getting 2 hover text boxes - the 1st is my defined and a few seconds later the dictionary name pops up. 

Has anyone figured out a way around this?  I am enclosing an image, the dictionary hover is in light blue

Hi Daniel,

I'm not experiencing the same issue.  The tool-tip on the form shows by itself.  There isn't a field level tool-tip that is on the screen at the same time.

See below... :-)

Can you post your code for this so that we can see how you set up your tool-tip?

Thanks!

Re: Tool Tips - Notes to the Requestor/Initiator

Hi Daniel,

Our versions may work differently.  Which version are you on?

I added the CSS to the Description of the service. Below is the full description:

<script  language="javascript" type="text/javascript"  src="/RequestCenter/isfcode/ExternalLinks.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
#hintbox{ /*CSS for pop up hint box */
    position:absolute;
    top: 0;
    backgrou

Ours is behaving the same way...

if the "HOVER" is in the description, no issues.  But if you use it on the Form during the Ordering moment - then the field name is displayed for about 15 seconds...  I am trying to get rid of that.

Thanks
Dan

Hi,

I am trying to do the same, but your posts with documented code are cut off. Is it possible to resend them?

Thanks in advance!

-Miriam

Re: Tool Tips - Notes to the Requestor/Initiator

Hi Miriam,

I'm not sure which code example you're looking for. Unfortunately, some of the posts were truncated when they were migrated. Let us know if either of these links take you to what you need.

isfcode_corezip
sbux_tooltipjpg
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content