Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TypeError: document.getElementById("ns_sim_assetDictName") is null

Hi Team,

As we are extending the Multi-cloud for CUIC platform and facing the issue while lunching "Validate Platform Element" service form i.e. "Error: TypeError: document.getElementById("ns_sim_assetDictName") is null". So I have trying to searched "ns_sim_assetDictName" in the service form like html, scripts whether it is defined anywhere to identified the problem. but I couldn't.

Code sniphet:

// #########  Validate Platform Element ########### //

if (ServiceName == 'Validate Platform Element') {

if (document.getElementById("ns_sim_assetDictName").value == 'ReturnEmail')

serviceForm.SIBDCUICElement.setVisible(true);

else

if (document.getElementById("ns_sim_assetDictName").value == 'SIBDCUICElement') {

serviceForm.SIBDCUICElement.setVisible(true);

serviceForm.MultiCloudTriggers.PlatformType.setValue(['CUIC']);

serviceForm.SIBDVMWarevCenterServerElement.setVisible(false);

serviceForm.SIBDUCSManagerElement.setVisible(false);

serviceForm.SIBDCiscoSPElement.setVisible(false);

}

}

And the same style of code is followed for the other platform but I could find any issues over there. So could you please clarifying me that what is "ns_sim_assetDictName"? and where it should be defined? how can I happed to fix the issue?

1 REPLY
Bronze

TypeError: document.getElementById("ns_sim_assetDictName") is nu

Are you running Validate Platform Element from My Services? Or from the System Health portlet?

IAC only supports services ordered from the portlets. The ns_sim_assetDictName field comes from the URL used to load the service from the portlet. This is not available when ordering directly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content