Views
Helpful
Replies

Uniquely Identifying Different Services on one Requisition

Sue Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

Uniquely Identifying Different Services on one Requisition

When you submit multiple services on one requisition, you get one requisition number for all services.  If you want to expedite one of them or report on those services individually, you can't seem to uniquely identify them.  Is there a method to do this, like with a suffix on the requisition number?  thank you.

7 Replies 7

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sue,

All of the services within the requisition have their own unique number that isn't visible through the user interface.  It's called the RequisitionEntryID.  This field should be available to use in reporting for separating the individual services from the main requisition.

Could you explain a little more about what you mean when you say you want to expedite one within the requisition?  Also, which version of RequestCenter are you using?

Cheers!

Hi Sue,

The custom reports datamart does include RequisitionEntryID, so you can use this to identify and report on multiple services in the same requisition. I also would like to understand a bit more about your "expedite" question. 

Sue Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies.  Our first implementation of RequestCenter was late last year and we installed RC 2008.1.  What I meant by "expedite" was...if you ordered several things on one requisition (like 3 servers), and for business reasons, one of the 3 needs to be "expedited" through it's delivery process (pushed ahead), the teams want to know how they could find all the tasks associated with that one server.  I don't recall seeing RequisitionEntryID anywhere but will look again.  We have really struggl

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

We had similar issues with users adding multiple services in single requisition. We turned off the 'Add and Review Order' feature by hiding the 'Add and Review Order' button through a javascript code on onload of  all our service forms.

We've made it a policy and a standard part of our training to discourage the use of multiple requests in one requisition. We've found that the approvers and fulfillers are extremely confused by this feature. It would be nice if we could turn off this feature given the current design. Until RC is redesigned to use a more traditional shopping cart experience, I would recommend your users to not use this feature.

Joe McConnell
Level 1
Level 1

Mihir,

Any chance you can share that Javascript? We could use this in our environment as well.

Christine Khor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mihir

If you turn off the 'Add and review order' button, how do you then allow the user to attach files/documents?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: