Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 2008

Upgrade 2008

We are researching on what it would take to upgrade from 2006 to 2008.  Has anyone upgraded to the lastest version and would be willing to share experience?

9 Replies 9

We are also looking to upgrade from 2006 to 2008.  We are also hoping to gain some insight.

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

We're also working on scheduling this upgrade (2006-2008) and would be interested in everyone's experiences.

I have created a new group named "RequestCenter 2008 Upgrade" and have moved this discusion to that group.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

we are currently upgrading from 2006 to 2008.

based on all the changes we have to go thru, we decided to start from scratch, I know not the news you wanted to hear but it also allows us to fix mistakes from the past

but here is a couple of things to think of:

1. Supported Hardware and software versions

and

2. RBAC (specific to your company)

McKesson just completed the upgrade from 2006.0.2 to 2007.1.3. We have some information about this upgrade path and on 2008. I'll be glad to to share our lessons learned with anyone offline. Please contact me via email at doug.pinkston@mckesson.com.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Emir,

Can you specify some of the criteria that you went through to help you to decide to start from scratch?  Also, how many service definitions, categories, OU's and anything else that you can think of do you have in your instance of RC?  Are you archiving the current instance and moving wholistically to another instance?

Thanks!

James

Emir would you or someone from your staff be willing to share your lessons learned offline with us? 

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

James, sorry I missed this thread.

We have a small implementation around 80 services, based on our new requirements all services would have to be redesigned, so the decission was made to just do it over with better standards, guidelins and practices in place.

Also based on some recent re-orgs in our company Service Ownership and the way services are performed has changed as well.

Mihir Mihir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Has anyone completed upgrading/migrating to 2008(we are targetting for 2008.2) and have gone live on 2008? If yes, it would be of great help for us to understand what was the cutover strategy for switching existing Production envrionment(2006) to new environment(2008) and backout plan in case 'something' failed on Go-Live day? (For example, was 2008 installer run on Production server/Production database on Go-Live day OR parallel sandbox servers and database were used etc.)  

Thanks,<

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: