Use of "Hover Text" in version 2008.2

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Use of "Hover Text" in version 2008.2

Current version 2006.7 (build 1961)
Websphere 5.11
Oracle

Has anyone tried to customize services by using "Hover Text" in 2008.2?

We have been using this customization in our current release, and when I tested in version 2008.2 the behavior is different.

it appears that in this release (2008.2) the text is put at the bottom of the page like a note.

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

5 Replies 5

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, here is the browser information...

IE6 and IE7

The Hover text functionality is not part of the product in version 2006.
In order to make it work, I had to download some code from the web and add it to the end of the stylesheet.jsp (requestcenter.war/refactor/common/css)

I've enclosed a image of how it behaves in version 2006

Allen Cecil
Level 1
Level 1

It would be helpful if you posed which release of the Browser you are using with each of the versions of RequestCenter. The Hover element behavior appears to be dependent in part on which release of Internet Explorer you are using.

Patti Richards
Level 1
Level 1

Does hover text exist in 2006?  We will be upgrading to 2008 this year, and wasn't aware of this functionality.

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

IMPORTANT NOTE:   the hover text DOES WORK properly, I discovered that I was misisng the

So as long as I add the code to the sytlesheet correctly the Hover works perfectly
see image...

Darwin Hammons - Assurant
7:28am, May 21

I think this hover capability is very interesting. Do you know if it can be used for services and category ? Does the code example come from newScale documentation?

Ed Contini - newScale
11:24am, May 24

The hover text code was not provided by newScale. This is an HTML customization that Daniel did at Safeway.