Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Gold

4.x signature updates untill 9/29/06

I found the EOL/EOS for the IDS 4.x Sensor Software. Looks like we'll be getting signature updates untill 9/29/06. Now WHY wasn't this very important information emailed to everyone who has IDS noticifations on in their profile?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/prod_eol_notice0900aecd803b6598.html

3 REPLIES

Re: 4.x signature updates untill 9/29/06

I don't get consistant sig update e-mails let alone EOL e-mails.

I remember seeing notifications about the 4.0 signatures ending sometime this year when the 5.0 platform came out last year. Pretty sure it was an e-mail based on notifications that I have set.

Try this link and set your notifications accordingly. It covers every Cisco product (I think)

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/PAT/do/ViewMyProfiles.do?local=en

Hope this helps

Cisco Employee

The official announcement bulletin was published on CCO just last week on December 28th. So what you are seeing is a very newly posted document. Prior to the posting of the bulletin there had not been an official end of signature support date for 4.x,

The plan has always been to add this information from the official announcement bulletin into the standard IDS notification emails.

The bulletin just got posted a few days earlier then the notification email was ready because of differences in employee's vacation schedules over the Holidays.

You should see mention of the bulletin within the next regularly scheduled IDS notification email you receive.

(Please note that the S210 released on Dec 28th when the bulletin was posted and S211 which was released on Dec 29th were emergency signature updates to cover high severity threats. We decided to send notifications for these updates with the EOS/EOL information because they were emergency updates. The EOL/EOS information is now added to the standard notification template we use and you should see it in the next notification.)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content