cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing IPS managment interface

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

Cant access IPS module from asdm. tried both java versions of 6 and 7 same error.

Error connecting to sensor. Error Loading Sensor.

It would be nice if there was more details on the error. Insights? I can ping the IPS module from the ASA and my PC. I can also register it in IME but cant access it via asdm which I need to for the updating of the IPS signatures.

2 Replies 2

Have you added the IPS-IP to the trusted site-list under control-plane -> Java -> Security (on Java 7)? That is probably needed if you installed an actual Java JRE.

I have added the IPS ip to the list, even though you don't access it directly, it essentially is connected to on behalf of ASDM which works fine. I have tried versions 6, 7, and 8 with no luck. I have also accessed asdm through straight IE and still cannot access the IPS module area of asdm. Cisco IME can see and shows connected so the network connectivity is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card