Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

adding a 5.1(1)s221 sensor to vms 2.3

What is the correct way to bring the vms server back in sync with the sensor signature version?

E.g. if the sensor is already at version 5.1(1)S221.0 because upgrades to the sensor were applied via the CLI and you would now like to add the sensor to a group on the vms server, but you don’t yet have the option to select the version 5.1(1)s221 for the sensor that you are about to import.

Do you just apply the s221.zip file to the management station?

When do you have the option to select 5.1.5s221 on the VMS station?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: adding a 5.1(1)s221 sensor to vms 2.3

You must have VMS 2.3 installed to install IPS MC and Security Monitor 2.2.

IPS MC and Security Monitor are components of the VPN/Security Management Solution (VMS). CiscoWorks Common Services 2.2, another component of VMS, is required for IPS MC and Security Monitor to work. CiscoWorks Common Services 2.2 provides the CiscoWorks Server base components and software developed to support IPS MC and Security Monitor, including the necessary software libraries and packages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3990/prod_release_note09186a00805b1c33.html

Re: adding a 5.1(1)s221 sensor to vms 2.3

I dont fully agree with you answer. i think that vms comes with a base level signature set (5.0 s205 in 2.3) and there after you need to import or update it to the later signature releases.

i have since discovered however that by just importing your already updated sensor, it will automatically update the server.

i was asking for the best method to do this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content