Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Multiple IPSs to IME

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

while trying to add multiple IPSs to the IME interface, i added the first IPS successfully, but when i try to add any other IPS device i got an error  "IO Exception when try to get certificate..."

please find error attached.

anyone can advice where is the issue?

regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don't know how MARS will react on TLS-certificate regeneration but I know that you'll not add sensor to IPS without certificate renew.

View solution in original post

It will be very difficult procedure so I say "no, it is impossible to revert to old certificate". But it is interesting that MARS doesn't say you any warning about certificate expired in Jul, 22.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

andrey.dugin
Level 1
Level 1

Your TLS certificate on the sensor is expired.

Login to sensor CLI and regenerate it by command:

tls generate-key

do that have any relation if i have cs-mars in place that is collecting logs?

in other words, can ips report logs Simultaneously to cs-mars and ime right? and my problem is not related to this issue?

if so then tls generate key will not affect the IPS config on CS-mars right?

Your problem is only in certificate expiration as I can see it.

What protocol do you use in MARS<->IPS relationship?

Access type is SSL!

I don't know how MARS will react on TLS-certificate regeneration but I know that you'll not add sensor to IPS without certificate renew.

can we revert back if we generated tls certificate and we faced any porblem?

It will be very difficult procedure so I say "no, it is impossible to revert to old certificate". But it is interesting that MARS doesn't say you any warning about certificate expired in Jul, 22.

welcome to CiSco Devices

i generated the  new tls certifcate,

i asked mars to rediscover, i got  an error related to a new certificate to accept, i accepted it and things with mars got fine, i checked with IME and problem is solved.

thanks man for you help,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card