cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM20 Operational Question

rolandshum
Level 1
Level 1

I have my SSM20 operating in a passive no-intrusive monitoring mode now. I am concerned that when I turn on the IPS functionality that a lot of false negatives will cause my users problems. Is this a valid concern or shouldn't I worry about this?

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

False negatives will not be a problem for the users when you will implement the IPS functionality. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_tech_note09186a008009404e.shtml

It depends on the event action assigned to the signature. You should consider setting up event action filters for the events that are firing. Also within the IPS there are two ways (that I know of) in which you can disable all event actions at once or even bypass the inspection of traffic. You can do this to troubleshoot the IPS during the event that you think the IPS may be causing an issue but can't identify it at the moment.

to disable the inspection of traffic log into the IDM and click configuration ---> interface configuration ---> bypass ---> read the content within here for instructions.

to turn off all event actions for all signatures simply set up a event action filter that covers all signatures 900-65535 and then select all actions to subtract and apply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card