Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

any one plaese explain

Hi,

Is there anyone to explain me what does the following message indicate? I got thousands of message from my ASA-ADSM Syslog:

4 Jun 29 2009 17:01:56 313005 No matching connection for ICMP error message: icmp src Outside:10.100.13.67 dst Inside:10.20.7.3 (type 3, code 3) on Outside interface. Original IP payload: udp src 10.20.7.3/53 dst 10.100.13.67/3357.

Regards

Nazmul

1 REPLY

Re: any one plaese explain

Hi Nazmul,

This message means that the ASA received an ICMP error message (in this case type 3, code 3--this is an ICMP port unreachable message) that it did not have a corresponding connection for.

Based on the information in the message, it sounds like you either have a client that is configured to query the wrong DNS server, or your DNS server is not listening on the correct port.

These messages are probably not cause for concern from a security standpoint, but they could indicate a configuration error. I would recommend setting up some packet captures on the ASA to look at the entire conversation and see exactly what is going on.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content