Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ASA 5515 with IPS Module

Hi All,

We have an ASA5515 with IPS module. Do these have seperate config areas? E.g to view my ASA config I would use show run. How do I view the IPS config side of things?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

ASA 5515 with IPS Module

If you haven't logged into the IPS before then you can "session ips" from the ASA to get into the CLI of the IPS.  This runs the same software as the modules and standalone units run so the configuration is the same.

In order to gain management access to the IPS in the 5515-X you will need to cable and enable the Management port on the ASA and give the IPS it's own IP address in the "service host" section of its configuration.  Then you can ssh directly to the IPS software from those devices you specify in the "access-list" entries in the IPS software, also found in the "service host" section.

ASA 5515 with IPS Module

Hi ,

Please execute a "session ips" from the ASA to access the sensor module. Post this, you may execute "Show config" on the sensor to verify the configuration.

The default username/password on the sensor module is cisco/cisco.

IPS run as a licensed software module (License status on the ASA for 'IPS module' should be "Enabled". You may check the same by executing "show version" on the ASA. Also, the "show module" should display the 'module status' as 'Enabled')

Hope that answers your query.

Thulasi Shankar

Views
Helpful
Replies