Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

asa active/active questions

if i have asa's configured as active/active;

1. Is this situation treated as one? I mean can i manage this only with IDM?

2. The 5520 can have 130,000 connections. If i am using 2 of this which is config active/active, can i say that am having 130,000X2=260,000 connections?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: asa active/active questions

1. In ASA, Active/Active can only be acrhived when both ASA is in Multiple Context Mode (Security Context). Multiple Context logically divides the ASA into multiple virtual firewall. You can refer to following configuration example.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008063b316.html#wp1035787

In your case, you need to create 2 context in each ASA, say Context-A and Context-B. In ASA-1, it should be active for Context-A and standby for Context-B. While in ASA-2, it should be standby in Context-A and active for Context-B. You should be have seperate set of configuration for each Context.

To manage the configuration, you can use ASDM.

2. I am sorry, I don't know that

2 REPLIES

1. In ASA, Active/Active can only be acrhived when both ASA is in Multiple Context Mode (Security Context). Multiple Context logically divides the ASA into multiple virtual firewall. You can refer to following configuration example.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008063b316.html#wp1035787

In your case, you need to create 2 context in each ASA, say Context-A and Context-B. In ASA-1, it should be active for Context-A and standby for Context-B. While in ASA-2, it should be standby in Context-A and active for Context-B. You should be have seperate set of configuration for each Context.

To manage the configuration, you can use ASDM.

2. I am sorry, I don't know that

Perfect !!!!

About conns... you can have 260.000 conns when two ASAs are actives and running. if one fail, then all traffic pass by one ASA, in this moment the max conns are 130.000.

Take care.

Views
Helpful
Replies