Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA AIP-SSM configuration replication

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

Does the AIP-SSM replicate the configuration to other AIP-SSM into ASA/Standby?

I mean, when I change the configuration over the Active AIP/SSM, will that change make replicated to other AIP-SSM?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, unfortunately all the IPS is the same. Configuration doesn't automatically replicate from 1 unit to the other.

Please kindly mark the post as answered if you have no further question. Thanks..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the configuration on tohe AIP-SSM module is independant on both the Active/Standby ASA. You would need to manually configure both the

AIP-SSM module independently, and also with different ip addresses assigned to them.

Hope that answers your question.

Hi Jennifer,

thanks for your reply.

Then, the AIP-SSM have the same behavior about IDSM-2, we are buying two modules of the IDSM-2 and I was looking for how to replicate the configurations and I saw that there is no way to do this.

thanks a lot

Yes, unfortunately all the IPS is the same. Configuration doesn't automatically replicate from 1 unit to the other.

Please kindly mark the post as answered if you have no further question. Thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card