Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ASA cluster with IPS

Hi,

I am planning to cluster 4 ASA firewalls between 2 DCs.

I would like to know if the ASA IPS appliance will also be clustered with the 4 ASAs or I will need to buy the ASA IPS hardware module?

In case I will need to buy the ASA IPS hardware module it will run as unique module or it could also be clustered?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

J

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

The Documentation states that

The Documentation states that IPS is handled individually per unit. So each unit will have it's own IPS and protects the traffic it sees. Without a config-replication available for IPS, you should plan to use an enterprise Management-system like CSM to make sure all units have the same config.

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

The Documentation states that

The Documentation states that IPS is handled individually per unit. So each unit will have it's own IPS and protects the traffic it sees. Without a config-replication available for IPS, you should plan to use an enterprise Management-system like CSM to make sure all units have the same config.

Community Member

Thanks Karsten for the

Thanks Karsten for the clarification. Now it is clear for me.

Regards,

J

Community Member

Hi Karsten,sorry to make you

Hi Karsten,

sorry to make you another question, but I want to be sure I don't have another option.

For the IPS I will be forced to use an IPS hardware module at slot 1 of the ASA Firewall or I will be available to use the IPS software version inside the ASA?

Thanks.

Regards,

J

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content