Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA IPS/ASA-SSM-10 Password Lost

edavila
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I just started administering a ASA with IPS module, but password is lost. I have tried default but cannot.

If I try to tftp using management it even is on but Switch does not see it up and cannot administer from there.

How can I recover password from IPS module?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ernesto

I found this in the configuration manual for the IPS:

The following password recovery options exist:

?If another Administrator account exists, the other Administrator can change the password.

?If a Service account exists, you can log in to the service account and switch to user root using the command su - root. Use the password command to change the CLI Administrator account's password. For example, if the Administrator username is "adminu," the command is password adminu. You are prompted to enter the new password twice. For more information, see Creating the Service Account.

You can reimage the sensor using either the recovery partition or a system image file.

If you want to see more detail here is the URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008055dfcd.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: