Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA IPS Signature subscription

I'm slightly confused....

If I have an ASA5510 bundle with an AIP-SSM-10 and contract CON-SU2-AS1A1PK9, does that also include "Cisco Service for IPS" signature updates. I can't work out if I then need to add-on another suscription and what the part code would be. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA IPS Signature subscription

Hello,

I found this link on Cisco's website:

Q. Do I need both SMARTnet and Cisco Services for IPS to receive comprehensive support and signature updates?
A. No. "Cisco Services for IPS" is a support program for all Cisco  solutions featuring Intrusion Prevention functionality. It combines  features of SMARTnet support with IPS signature updates creating a  comprehensive support program.

So this would lead me to think that it's all inclusive.
Based on the attached PDF, "CON-SU2-AS1A1PK9 " seems to be a valid part number for the AIP-SSM-10 for the ASA5510.  Did you receive a PAK
with the purchase?  Are you able to register the PAK at www.cisco.com/go/license?  Do you then receive an activation key for the AIP-SSM?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA IPS Signature subscription

Hello,

I found this link on Cisco's website:

Q. Do I need both SMARTnet and Cisco Services for IPS to receive comprehensive support and signature updates?
A. No. "Cisco Services for IPS" is a support program for all Cisco  solutions featuring Intrusion Prevention functionality. It combines  features of SMARTnet support with IPS signature updates creating a  comprehensive support program.

So this would lead me to think that it's all inclusive.
Based on the attached PDF, "CON-SU2-AS1A1PK9 " seems to be a valid part number for the AIP-SSM-10 for the ASA5510.  Did you receive a PAK
with the purchase?  Are you able to register the PAK at www.cisco.com/go/license?  Do you then receive an activation key for the AIP-SSM?

Views
Helpful
Replies