cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA IPS

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

To connect to the command-and-control port on the AIM-IPS module on the ASA5520, does one have to physically connect the port to the switch?

The g0/1 port on the ASA is already connected to my network and I was wondering if I can access the IPS Web server via this.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

victorrodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that you cannot control the IPS from the g0/1 port of the PIX module on the ASA unless you set the necessary permission by way of modifying the Access Rules and also you will need to enable routing between the two ports namely the g0/1 and the management port ips since all management of the IPS is blocked on all port except the management port which is on the SSM module, also , the default ip is 10.x.x.x .

So easiest is connecting the Management port to your network switch ( maybe on a secure VLAN ) and configure an ip on your laptop/pc to talk to the port.

I have just rushed through the configuration of the ASA once and not having one in my network, so... u do the math.... save ur default/current config on to a tftp or flash before you attempt this.... as always!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card