Views
Helpful
Replies

asa5510 problem licensing

eloiseau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought the bundle asa5510-aip10-k9, but when I want to active the license with the serial numer of IPS I have an error message that tell me that the product is not declare.

Do I need to buy something else to activate IPS or I need to contact Cisco or reseller to validate my product ?

regards

3 Replies 3

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Did you purchase "Services for IPS"?

If you didn't then you'll need to purchase this first before you'll be able to download any signatures or updates.

HTH

Andrew.

Hi,

The product is a Cisco bundle who include ASA 5510 + IPS module , and if I read the specification I don't need "services for IPS".

Regards

Hi,

I'm afraid you do - the bundle only includes the hardware and the version of software that was installed when you bought it (no support, no updates and no signatures) - you do get a limited hardware warranty but it doesn't really give you much.

If you want new versions of software for the ASA (and support for it) you need a smartnet contract.

If you want signatures (and support) for the AIP module then you need a Services for IPS contract. (You can't get smartnet for any IPS device)

If you're in any doubt then a quick call to your reseller will confirm this.

HTH

Andrew.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card