Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Skype !!!

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi netpros,

Have you ever blocked skype using the IPS module on an ASA ? if so would you mind sharing how could I successfully perform this ..?

as always appreciate your input.

17 Replies 17

I've not got enough time to dedicate to figuring it out right now. I plan on setting aside a few days next month to do so. But in the mean time, there are is a lot more and updated information about Skype located here:

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~salman/skype/

The other link is kinda old.

Paul the link posted by you contains 'exactly' the same version of the whitepaper as the one posted by me earlier, so "The other link is kinda old." bit does not really hold true.

However it does mention a nice FAQ question to meet the requirement, so 5 points from my side.

Regards

Farrukh

The document you posted is kinda old, in the title it says it's from 2004.

I didn't mean to offend, there are updated documents on the link I posted that have more information. That was my point. Not that what you posted was invalid, it's just that there have been newer versions since then so some updated information would be good.

I haven't had time to mess with this, I want to try it in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking a custom meta signature would be the best bet.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card