Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO AIP SSM-10

zafar12233
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having ASA 5510 with AIP SSM-10, i want to configuring AIP SSM, i see some events on it.

evStatus: eventId=1231331883623717536 vendor=Cisco

originator:

hostId: Sensor-A

appName: interface

appInstanceId: 337

time: 2010/05/15 07:00:49 2010/05/15 12:00:49 GMT+05:00

netInterfaceMissedPacketThresholdExceeded:

description: GigabitEthernet0/1 : Missed-packet threshold was exceeded.  100% of packets were missed.

interfaceName: GigabitEthernet0/1

on the dash board it shows:
Missed Packet = critical
Event retieval = critical
I have apply service policy and applied any traffic to be go through IPS. but its no
thank you,
Zafar
12 Replies 12

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enabled the virtual sensor (vs0) on the IPS module itself?

If you IDM into the IPS, you can check the following:

Configuration --> Policies --> IPS Policies --> edit "vs0" --> tick "Assigned" for gig0/1 (backplane interface) --> OK --> click "Apply"

Hope that helps.

hello,

thanks for your reply.

yes it wasnt assigned to interface, i followed your instruction and did that, it worked for a while but later same error msgs

i noticed that its happening since its installed in NEW ASA 5510.

What version of AIP module are you running?

If you haven't run the latest version, you might want to upgrade it to 7.0.2(E4).

AIP SSM 10, IPS version 6.1 (1) E1

Yes, definitely old version of code.

Please upgrade it to the latest version of 7.0.2(E4)

Thanks,

i will certainly upgrade the IPS version, could you tell me how to take back up of existing IPS version software?

You can't take a backup of the actual IPS software. You can backup the configuration however, using the "copy" command:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.0/command/reference/crCmds.html#wp458440

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I have upgraded the IPS version to 7.0.2 E3, now i don't see missed packet errors but still receiving event retrieval error.

thanks

Zafar

If you are not retrieving any events from external server, you can turn that feature off.

Here is how you would turn it off:

Configuration --> Sensor Management --> Sensor Health --> untick Event Retrieval.

Hope that helps.

Hi

thnks alot for your quick response

just one question, it shows in sensor health that "License time remaining --critical---no license".

its showing since we have purchased it.

Try to update the license directly via cisco.com:

Configuration --> Sensor Management --> Licensing --> Update from cisco.com

Without license, you can not update the signature pack to the latest version.

If the IPS subscription license has expired, you can purchase it to allow you to update to the latest signature  pack.

Thanks Alot Halijenn for your guidance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card