Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IPS auto update on ASA-SSM-10

Hi team,

I have a Cisco ASA5510-AIP10-K9 and I was trying to configure the IPS auto-update via IDM. I have filled the fields with the appropriate data (CCO, password, etc.. ) and the updates won't seem to work. (Yes, the CCO has a contract)

I was reading documents that the auto-update feature was introduced in version 6.1, while my current version is 6.0(6)E4. Why would the auto-update configuration appear in IDM if it isn't available till 6.1?

Can you please advise on the IPS upgrade? Can I update to any version I want or I need to pass by several upgrades before reaching the final version?

Can I download 7.1(8)E4 and upgrade directly? PKG link: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280432811&reltype=latest&relind=AVAILABLE&dwnld=true&softwareid=282549759&rellifecycle=&atcFlag=N&release=7.1(8)E4&dwldImageGuid=310D6E5AC01EB764257B04A5EAE3804556E961D3&flowid=29561

And last question, can I download full signature updates? I was looking in the software downloads in Cisco and all I found was minor updates for previous signatures (i.e. E4 Signature Update S810)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards.

Mazen

1 REPLY

Hi, i just read the below in

Hi,

i just read the below in the release notes of 7.1(8)E4:

You must be running the following versions to upgrade the following platforms to IPS 7.1(8)E4:

- For the ASA 5500 AIP SSM series, you must be running IPS 6.0(6)E4 or later.

So I think I am good to go with downloading the PKG.

However, what's the difference between:

IPS SSM_10 Service Pack Upgrade patch 
IPS-SSM_10-K9-patch-7.1-8p2-E4.pkg

and

IPS SSM_10 Service Pack Upgrade 
IPS-SSM_10-K9-7.1-8-E4.pkg

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies