Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IPS MANAGER EXPRESS

josephium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

anyone donwloaded the cisco ips manager express yet ? i have downloaded it but when i click on the installation file , i get "setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

i have tried this on 3 pcs, windows Xp and windows 2003 , any thoughts ?

4 Replies 4

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Downloaded and installed no problem on xp pro. Make sure you uninstall IEV before install if you have it.

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

Same here. I have several collegues that have installed it as well. Have you tried to download it again in case the file is corrupt?

joedansereau
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't have any installations problems with XPsp2 or server 2003 sp2. 1 warning about IME, when adding a device the screen asks for a username & password and will not let you add the device without them. after adding the device, any user logged on to the system that is used to manage the IDS is automatically logged in without authenticating when the IME is launched. granted, only the security admin/IDS administrator should login to the management system but there is no way to change the user login to the IDS in the IME. the only login prompt is if the IDM is used to access the IDS. hopefully they fix this in the next release to require login no matter how you access the IDS.

dhuber
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just downloaded the file and it installed just fine. Check the size here is what I show SIZE 110 MB (115,810,317 bytes)

Size on Disk 110 MB (115,814,400 bytes)

Goodluck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: