cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cs-mars reporting

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

How do I set up a report in MARS when I look at the top destination ports I want to drill down even further to see what address are accessing those top ports? I am new to the box so I am still learning the features.

1 Reply 1

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Jesse,

You might want to look at the recently published Cisco Press book on MARS by Dale Tesch and Greg Abelar. It picks up where the documentation on CCO leaves off and goes into plenty of detail on what MARS can and cannot do.

This book was long overdue and I always insist my customers buy it before I come on site to begin a MARS implementation. It has saved me countless hours that I would have spent creating documentation as to how MARS works. Now I just leaf through the book with them and highlight important passages with a yellow marker just like I did during my days at Dickinson College. I also encourage them to make notes in the margins and use the back of the front cover to document the page numbers of frequently used procedures. In this way they can scan the back cover if they can't remember a procedure they need to do in a hurry.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card