cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

csa 4.5 server migration

jeancello
Level 1
Level 1

I have to migrate my csa 4.5 installation to another server. Can somebody point me to some documents on how to accomplish this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Try the install guide. The prepare_migration.exe tool may work for this though I haven't tried same to same.

Tom S

Charlie,

I had asked you a question before about how an IPS decides what packets to drop. I liked your answer a lot, but few things i missed, would appreciate if you could clarrify it for me.

1) Where can i see the fedility rating given by cisco to a specific signature?

2) you talked about the fedility and sevrinity, but forgot to mention about the third TRR factor, how is that calculated?

We are running Native IOS that means i am only limited to spanning 1 vlan pair, you mentioned that catos i could monitor upto 200 vlans or something based on performance, any plans to do the same for natice code?

Thanks

lkershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Two questions that may help clarify what you are attempting:

1) Will the new server home of CSA have the same name and the current server?

2) Are you using a local or remote database configuration?

Hi,

I have the same question. I have a fine working 4.5.1 CSA system (local database). I need to migrate my CSA managemenet center to another server. These server will have anothert IP address.

I want to achieve, that all the already deployed agent will connect to this new server without any uninstallation.

How can I do this?

Do I use the same prepare_migration.exe as for 4.0 to 4.5?

Thanks!

Yes, except I believe you would use the prepare_45_migration.exe instead of the prepare_40_migration.exe tool.

Tom S

Did you manage to successfully migrate to the new server, as I have managed to run the prepare_45_migration.exe utility and have the output files migration_data_export.xml and the migration_host_datax,dat files. The issue I have is running the 'webmgr import migration_data_export.xml' utility, it just sits at the prompt with the cursor flashing.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card