cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

csa 4.5 server migration

jeancello
Level 1
Level 1

I have to migrate my csa 4.5 installation to another server. Can somebody point me to some documents on how to accomplish this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Try the install guide. The prepare_migration.exe tool may work for this though I haven't tried same to same.

Tom S

Charlie,

I had asked you a question before about how an IPS decides what packets to drop. I liked your answer a lot, but few things i missed, would appreciate if you could clarrify it for me.

1) Where can i see the fedility rating given by cisco to a specific signature?

2) you talked about the fedility and sevrinity, but forgot to mention about the third TRR factor, how is that calculated?

We are running Native IOS that means i am only limited to spanning 1 vlan pair, you mentioned that catos i could monitor upto 200 vlans or something based on performance, any plans to do the same for natice code?

Thanks

lkershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Two questions that may help clarify what you are attempting:

1) Will the new server home of CSA have the same name and the current server?

2) Are you using a local or remote database configuration?

Hi,

I have the same question. I have a fine working 4.5.1 CSA system (local database). I need to migrate my CSA managemenet center to another server. These server will have anothert IP address.

I want to achieve, that all the already deployed agent will connect to this new server without any uninstallation.

How can I do this?

Do I use the same prepare_migration.exe as for 4.0 to 4.5?

Thanks!

Yes, except I believe you would use the prepare_45_migration.exe instead of the prepare_40_migration.exe tool.

Tom S

Did you manage to successfully migrate to the new server, as I have managed to run the prepare_45_migration.exe utility and have the output files migration_data_export.xml and the migration_host_datax,dat files. The issue I have is running the 'webmgr import migration_data_export.xml' utility, it just sits at the prompt with the cursor flashing.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card