Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.0 Clients Losing Groups after upgrade to .186

After upgrading to the 5.0.0.186 release, I have several servers that will not remain in thir groups, even after being added to them several times. It seems to happen after they are rebooted. A Critical Error is generated, saying no policies are being enforced on these host, and when you check the groups, they have no group memberships at all.

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Check for other error messages in the servers system and application event logs. I've seen where hosts with OS problems will lose the registration info and act as if they just had CSA installed.

Try removing CSA completely, creating a new agent kit for the group and installing the new kit on one of the servers.

We have done that. No strange events on any of the servers or workstations. Nothing in the external SQL server logs either. They have had the clients reinstalled with a couiple of Kits, but it is still the same. As soon as they reboot, the groups they had been in are gone.

Just an FYI.. I tried it again and the same thing. I rebooted it and the groups are gone. We have been having a lot of troble with Compile errors as well and a good percentage of machines. .186 was suppose to clear that up, but hasn't seemed to have had much effect.

I am running 5.0.0.189 and am having the same problem. I have several hosts on my network that re-register every time the machine is rebooted. The only correlation I am able to determine, is that the hosts having the problems have had CSA agent removed then reinstalled. Is there a possibility there is a registry key that is not being updated or completely removed, prompting the machine to register? I have also tried new agent kits, but the registration does not seem to stick. This makes it difficult to modify group memberships if at time of reboot the host re-registers and assosicates itself to the groups of the original agent kit.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card