Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA Deployment Solution

I have to push csa on 1000 desktops can i integrate it with AD to force the csa on reboot. Or is there any other easy way to do this. Kindly reply.

2 REPLIES

Re: CSA Deployment Solution

Are you saying you want to force a reboot once CSA is installed or your want CSA to install whenever a desktop is rebooted? If you want to force a reboot then that is done automatically when CSA is installed. You have to specifically choose NOT to have a computer reboot after a CSA installation as the default is a reboot.

If you are saying that you want CSA to install whenever a system gets rebooted that is more on the AD side. With the proper scripting it can be done but my memory is a bit fuzzy on the particulars.

Anyone?

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Blue

Re: CSA Deployment Solution

You can install the kit from a UNC or the https address.

You could put a "RunOnce" key in the registry to run the agent install kit at system startup from a network location and have the kit reboot the machine.

You could run the kit from a login script the same way.

If you are installing 4.5.X, you could have the kit not reboot automatically but the system would not be fully protected and it may not be stable (ours were though).

As long as users know in advance that a reboot is invloved, it should be fine.

The possibilites are numerous. We use Novell ZENworks and just had it run an agent kit from a network drive when the user logged on. We also published the link to the web install.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content