cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Groups

kerraj2004
Level 1
Level 1

Is it best to use the default Groups in the CSAMC such as desktop, laptops and servers instead of cloning them and then using the group? What is the best practice or advice?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I use the default groups and policies and make exceptions separately. This makes upgrades and tracking changes easier since they are all in one place.

I used to clone everything and make changes directly to the clones but it made upgrades very tedious.

Tom

Tom, thanks for your response regarding both of my postings.

TradeSecrets
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kerra,

The best thing to do it have clone the ploicy if you want to add protection and have another for exceptions.

So policy A is the protection, Group B is the exception. Finally Policy C for additional protection.

This is nice, you can use the compare feature and compare A + C and see the changes you or people made.

Modifying the original polices is bad practice and make it much harder for someone to help you if you get into a jam or change employee's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: