cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Management Center and SQL

bkuner
Level 1
Level 1

From the documentation it looks like the CSA Management Center will only work with SQL 2000. Does CSA work with SQL 2005? The server we will need will have 4GB of RAM. Using SQL 2005 will allow us to use the Standard version of SQL instead of the Enterprise version. This will save a significant amount of money.

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Why can't you buy Standard 2005 and use Standard 2000? I believe MS allows this.

Tom S

SQL Standard 2000 only recoginizes 2GB of RAM. To leagly install Enterprise 2000 I would need to purchase Enterprise 2005. The 2005 version will address the ammount of memory that the OS version will address.

How many agents are you deploying?

Sorry for the delay. We are deploying around 2000 to start with. We have decided to only go wiht 2GB of RAM and add a 2nd server to split the database from the other functions as we grow.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds good. We have 3500 on one 4.0.x server now with 1GB RAM. I think we will move to a two server configuration with a remote DB when we go to 5.X

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card