Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSA MC installation

Hi

I have been given the task of redeploying CSA after the CSA MC machine died (no backups or anything).

Two things really.

Firstly the agents are still deployed on the client machines. If I build a new CSA MC machine is there a way of getting our configured policies back from the agents into the MC (no backup was taken or rules even written down).

Secondly do I need to install CiscoWorks VMS to install the CSA MC or do I need to just ensure that common services is installed?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CSA MC installation

I think the following url can give u detailed information about the restoring the backup configurations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042474d.html#wp948481

Hi Sam

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that's just it, nobody here ever bothered to back up the MC. So that is why I am faced with a bit of a challenge to configure the same policies. I aim to use the Analyzer in version 4.5 (that's if we can upgrade).

Still the link you provided will help once I'm there and ensure we don't end up in the mess again.

Thanks once again

Gary

Blue

I don't know of any way to get the policies back unless someone did an export of the old MC. What version and how many hosts?

Yes, you need to install CiscoWorks VMS before you can install the CSAMC.

Additionally you'll need to reinstall the agents with a newer version from the new MC and hopefully the rules won't get in the way.

I think I got this right...

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content