cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA / VMS licensing

koksm
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer running CSA 4.5. We used the CSA starter kit which include VMS .

Customer purchased additional client licenses.

But, when we take a look at the licensing on the VMS server, we see that common services expires in 90 days.

Is there something we need to do to keep this license running? Can we let this expire?

4 Replies 4

wsulym
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This isn't my normal area of work, but I know the answer to this ... VMS installs with a 90 day license, in order to continue you need to obtain a valid license file. To do this, go here:

http://www.cisco.com/go/license/

and enter the PAK (Product Authorization Key) code to obtain your "real" license.

The PAK key should be somewhere on the cd media cover or in the documentation package... it's been well over a year since I've seen the physical package, so I'm not entirely sure where that PAK key is exactly.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I know how to obtain a license, but according to the CSA starterkit documentation there is no license needed. It should be incorperated in de CSA starter kit....

To clarify a bit more, we did not buy VMS separately. It is part of the CSa starterkit. Which makes it strange that the license expires...

Hi,

There are two licenses, one for CSA and then one for VMS. I ran into this issue too, somewhere on the VMS cd or on the package itself is the PAK#. You might have to call cisco. I think for the starter kit it comes with VMS basic.

Hope this helps

M

We have noticed a funny thing. When the VMS license expires, it keeps on functioning. But is seems to be the license for unlimited devices.

We are at Cisco Amsterdam this afternoon, will check with them...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: