cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSAMC 5.1 System State Sets Help

josh.latham
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out a way to get csa to disable 802.11b card in notebooks when plugged into company network. Any suggestions would be great!

5 Replies 5

Hi,

There is a way to turn off the wireless radio of the notebook with the software for the wireless...

For specific answers you need to post the vendor of the notebook ... and maybe the software used of the networkcard vendor.

If you find this post usefull

please don't forget to rate this

#########################################

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

#########################################

josh.latham
Level 1
Level 1

Well I only need the wireless card disabled when the CSAMC is reachable. Do you know of a way to do that?

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

This might work though I have not tried it

1. Create a Rule Module with the "system state" condition of either "Management Center Reachable" OR "Network Location set to you Corporate LAN IP".

Try any\combination of the below Rules

a. File Access Control --> Deny access to Wireless Driver File

b. Registry Access Control --> Deny access to Wireless Specific Registry Keys

c. Application Control --> Deny Any Application to launch Vendor Wireless Utilities (When Not using Windows Wireless Zero Utility)

\\ Naman

You may be referring to a feature that will be part of CSA 5.2. I heard this described at a Cisco Wireless Security presentation yesterday. You'll be able to lock this option down so that end users can't change it.

I don't see it specifically mentioned in the CSA User Guide for 5.2 but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

Good answer Paul...this was taken from the 5.2 features blurb..

Wireless support:

Wireless policy controls can be put in place to control how wireless networks are used in an organization. Wireless connectivity can be controlled based on specific requirements such as encryption type, secure set identifiers (SSIDs), ad-hoc versus infrastructure mode, and whether a VPN connection is mandatory when a device is not on the corporate network.

There is more here:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns441/c2136/cdccont_0900aecd805cfe30.pdf

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: