cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM3.1 device addition of IOS IPS router

russellderr
Level 1
Level 1

Upon adding a IOS IPS device running (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M,Version 12.4(15)T1,)& 5.x-303 release signatures, CSM 3.1 does not display it as an IPS enabled device. The device in question (2821) has a stand-alone config and 5.x advanced signatures functioning properly.

In the device properties of CSM 3.1 of said 2821, IPS is a feature but is grayed out. I have successfully added 2 ADSM modules from our 6513's and it displays them as IPS devices and I can add/deploy signatures to these devices. However, CSM 3.1 does not recognize the 2821 as an IOS IPS device and I can not add/deploy to this device. What am I missing here?

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

In this case you will need to create a new device in CSM (using the Add Device option) and discover the device for the IOS IPS policies to show up. Just doing a rediscovery of an existing IOS device will not show the IOS IPS policies. This is because CSM treats the IOS IPS device as a different target type than a IOS device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: