CSMARS 4.2.1 is available

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7
6 Replies 6

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Isn't there any documentation that describes what was done in version 4.2.1? The upgrade in our pilot environment went a little fast...perhaps too fast (~5 minutes).

chenyokechuan
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone teach me how to upgrade from ver 4.1.5 to 4.2.1?

i have download the csmars-4.2.1.pkg and burn to cd. i put the cd in the DVDrom at cs-mars 50 and using the CLI command to upgrade, but it not work.

This is the command i follow pnupgrade cdrom://csmars-4.2.1.pkg

I haven't usually had much success upgrading via cd-rom. I've always done FTP. Not that it helps you much here, but the three times I've tried to do that via CD on our 200s, I can't ever get it to work. Maybe we're both doing something wrong.

We just did this procedure. Your syntax is correct. I would look at the CD itself.

The CD must be an ISO image. In the upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.2.1 you are upgrading the data files that are contained in the ISO image, it also contains all the filesystem metadata (boot code, structures, and attributes).

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for help.

After re-burn the CD with ISO image, i can upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.2.1 version.

Thanks a lot friends.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card