Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

Custom signature deployment for IOS IPS 5.x

hi all,

i've wrote some custom signatures for IOS IPS 5.X and I need to deploy it across a large number of routers . ATM, i don't have the CSM yet. I've tried using the latest SDM to access the routers but i can't load any signatures from it. I've tried putting the custom signatures in xml format into the sigature package IOS-S301-CLI.pkg but it seems to be encrypted during compilation. I've checked inside the CLI ,there seems to be no command to create a new signature.At the moment SDM has failed and i have only CLI access. Are there any other methods for custom signature deployment besides this ? . Thanks in advance.

• Intrusion Prevention Systems/IDS
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Custom signature deployment for IOS IPS 5.x

It is possible to add custom signatures using CLI for IPS beginning from version 5.1. This link should help.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids12/cliguide/clisgdef.htm#wp1042406

Views
Helpful
Replies