cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom signature in CSM3.0 for IDSM2 with IPS5.1

rkumares
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to add a custom signature in CSM3.0 for IDSM2 which is running IPS5.1 in cat6500.I am using custom

wizard to create the custom signature ( say "sweep" ).Under sigature, IPS5.x, I could see the created custom signature but when the sigature triggers, IPS event viewer shows only the old ( built in - sweep )signature ID and not the customized one.

Just to test the changes in effect,

I tried to change the event level say "low" to "high" for one of the built in signature( sweep 2100) by editing the same.Display shows the changed level, but when the sigature triggers the IPS event viewer shows the level as "low" instead of "high".

Also I tried with enabling the check box for the option " retire".

How do I create and test the customized signature..I tried with both IDM and CSM3.0.Any suggestions...

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The custom headers and client IP and port headers are inserted in every HTTP request packet. Full session headers and decoded client certificate fields are inserted in the first HTTP request packets; only the session ID is inserted in subsequent HTTP requests that use the same session ID. The servers are expected to cache the session or client certificate headers based on the session ID and use the session ID in subsequent requests to get the session and client certificate headers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card