Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disabling CSA 4.0

Hello,

I seem to have a problem one of my clients has a CSA4.0 agent on a server which didn't recieve a final policy before they moved to CSA4.5 MC and then 5.0 MC.

Unfortunatly that final policy included a policy to allow them to disable the CSA client. Now that there on 5.0 they have no way to push to the client the new policys and no way to disable the 4.0 agent.

I am looking for a way to diable the 4.0 agent so that we can install a 5.0 agent. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solve.

My guess is that I'm going to have to use some third party software/bootcd to start the server up and then either delete CSA or disable the service. So I ask now what everyone thinks of this idea/proposal.

Patrick

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Disabling CSA 4.0

Net Stop csagent didn't work? I had trouble uninstalling 4.0.x on a machine that was in quarantine mode. I had to reimage it though. I believe there is a manual uninstallation method under bugfixes where you boot into safe mode and manually delete the registry keys.

Sorry I don't remember where it is...

Tom S

Re: Disabling CSA 4.0

Tom,

I'll try to manually boot into Safe mode and see if that works other wise I'm going to try the Barts PE boot disk, rename the files and then rename them back when I get my system all the way up and uninstall.

Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content