Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error in both AIP-SSM-10 and IDSMC.

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem in both IPS module(AIP-SSM-10) in ASA5520 and VMS IDSMC. The symptom is that in begining, I first update IDSMC to 5.1.1g(Minor update) with simultaneous pushing 5.1.1g pkg file to IPS sensor. But because this sensor has not been inputed the license key, the IDSMC and sensor seem to have problems after this "successful" upgrade process. When I try to upgrade IDSMC and Sensor again to 5.1.3, the IDSMC cannot let me choose the sensor after pressing submit in IDSMC, it prompts an error message that mentions that there is a pending job in the sensor. But in Pending dialog, no pending job found on it. And in the Pending dialog (Configuration > Updates > Update Network IDS/IPS Signatures > Pending), an error message display, which is "Unable to interpret the schedule string "once 2006/9/14 ?? 12:56:03" - java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "2006/9/14 ?? 12:56:03" ". I don't know how to remove this error or must I need to reinstall VMS.

Another problem is that when I try to access the sensor by IDM, after entering username and password, it prompt me the error message "Error connecting to sensor. Failed to load sensor - Error getting config data from following modules signatureDefinition

Exiting IDM."

I don't know if the reason to get these errors is caused by upgrade the IPS sensor before the sensor has licensed.

What can I do in this situation? Anyone know? Thanks for the help!

By checking in the process explorer in IDSMC, the upgrade process 5.1.1g is 100% successful. And the 5.1.1g rpm pkg is also push to sensor and the sensor seems to upgrade successfully to 5.1.1 version by checking in its CLI. I have tried to reboot the IDSMC and sensor but the problem is still in existence. Even if finally input the key into the sensor, these errors are still in existence!

Jason

Best rgds

1 REPLY

Re: Error in both AIP-SSM-10 and IDSMC.

Hi All,

I have re-installed the IDSMC and the error in pending screen is no longer in existence. And after reinstalled Java Run Time Environment in this Windows Server, I can launch again to the IDM without problem. FYI.

Thanks

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content