Views
Helpful
Replies

Event Connection Error on AIP-SSM-10

reagleston
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting an error

"Error occurs when start polling event(- IOException: Connection Refused: connect." It was working. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

mkodali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly are you trying to do here and where do you see this message on. Will need more details to comment.

I figured it out. There was no configuration problems on AIP-SSM itself. The problem was with the IME client application. It could not communicate with the a backend service that is installed with IME on the monitoring station. I reinstalled the client app. And everything works now. This is the first time that I have used IME. I didnt not know that there was a service in the background and assumed that it was configuration issue with AIP.

My mistake...

Thanks for the reply.

Hi there,

I have got the same issue here, I will try to install the new version and see if will work. However i didnt understand exactly what you meant by " It could not communicate with the a backend service that is installed with IME on the monitoring station"

can u clarify please?

I guess i know what u mean, The service within windows was stoped? that was my problem anyway, got it solved

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card